Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
12th Street Jump
Tue June 26, 2012
Celebrating the Birthday of Cootie Williams
This week on 12th Street Jump we celebrate the birthday of Cootie Williams with our special guest Stan Kessler.
Charles Melvin "Cootie" Williams (July 10, 1911 – September 15, 1985) was an American jazz, jump blues,and rhythm and blues trumpeter.Cootie Williams was renowned for his growling "jungle" style trumpet playing (in the tradition of trumpeter Bubber Miley and trombonist Joe "Tricky Sam" Nanton) and for his use of the plunger mute, and was reputed to have inspired Wynton Marsalis's use of it.-wikipedia
On the funny side of things, we connect with Arthur Barron in Miami to cover “Who’s Got the Blues” and later we use a little song to welcome the world to KC for the All Star Game.
Do Nothin’ Til You Hear From Me
Don’t Get Around Much
Love Me Or Leave Me
Shame and Scandal
My Old Flame