Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon March 2, 2009
Cedric Burnside And Lightnin' Malcolm: Two-Man Wrecking Crew
Cedric Burnside, grandson of the legendary R.L. Burnside, son of drummer great Calvin Jackson, is widely regarded as one of the best drummers in the world. Bluesman Lightnin' Malcolm is one of the leading younger generation artists on the scene today.
Kansas City, Mo – North Mississippi Hill Country blues artists Cedric Burnside and Lightnin' Malcolm joined us on The Fish Fry for a chat about their new CD "2 Man Wrecking Crew" and the influence of Cedric's grandfather, the great R.L. Burnside.
Chuck Haddix has been producing and hosting the Fish Fry on KCUR since 1985. A faculty member at UMKC, Haddix is the director of the Marr Sound Archives, a collection of 250,000 sound recordings housed in the Miller Nichols Library. He is a writer who has been published in Down Beat and Living Blues Magazine. Well known for his broad knowledge of music, Haddix served as a consultant for a wide variety of theatrical, video and film projects including Robert Altman's Kansas City and Merchant-Ivory's Mr. and Mrs. Bridge.