Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Tue November 17, 2009
CDC Director Visits Kansas City
Kansas City, MO – Dr. Thomas Frieden, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is in Kansas City this week meeting with area health and business leaders. Dr. Frieden was commissioner of the New York City Health Department before going to the CDC this past spring. KCUR's Elana Gordon caught up with him to discuss the current swine flu situation and some of the overall challenges and approaches to disease prevention.
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.
Download recent health stories or subscribe to the KCUR Health Podcast.