Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue November 17, 2009
CDC Director Visits Kansas City
Kansas City, MO – Dr. Thomas Frieden, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is in Kansas City this week meeting with area health and business leaders. Dr. Frieden was commissioner of the New York City Health Department before going to the CDC this past spring. KCUR's Elana Gordon caught up with him to discuss the current swine flu situation and some of the overall challenges and approaches to disease prevention.
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.
Download recent health stories or subscribe to the KCUR Health Podcast.