Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- How The Kansas-Missouri State Line Became A Road
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
Tue November 17, 2009
CDC Director Visits Kansas City
Kansas City, MO – Dr. Thomas Frieden, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is in Kansas City this week meeting with area health and business leaders. Dr. Frieden was commissioner of the New York City Health Department before going to the CDC this past spring. KCUR's Elana Gordon caught up with him to discuss the current swine flu situation and some of the overall challenges and approaches to disease prevention.
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.
Download recent health stories or subscribe to the KCUR Health Podcast.