Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Mon June 3, 2013
Cardboard Bike Creator May Soon Start Peddling His Product
Originally published on Tue June 25, 2013 12:07 pm
After capturing the imagination of people around the world last year with video of a bicycle made almost entirely out of cardboard, Israeli inventor Izhar Gafni is now hoping to capture money from folks who would like to own one.
Cardboard Technologies is launching a Kickstarter campaign that offers "limited and exclusive access" to those interested in getting one of the bikes.
Bike Biz reminds readers that:
"When news of his cardboard creation went viral last year, Gafni said the finished bike would retail for $20. There's no details on the company website on costs, but it's likely to be far in excess of $20 per bicycle. However, costs could be brought down through on-bike advertising, claims Gafni's business partner, Israeli entrepreneur Nimrod Elmish."
As Bill Chappell posted for us last December, there's also a cardboard helmet in the works for bike riders.