Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Tue January 1, 2013
'Call Me Dad, Not Dude'
He's been called “a cuter, younger male version of Erma Bombeck."
In the first part of Wednesday's Up to Date Steve Kraske introduces us to Matt Keenan, the author of Call Me Dad, Not Dude. The Sequel: Surviving the perils of parenting one teen at a time. Known for combining humor with his insight of the teenage mind, Keenan talks about parenting, admitting that a wife sometimes really does know best, the teen misery index, and growing older.
Matthew Keenan is an attorney with Shook, Hardy & Bacon, L.L.P. practicing in the areas of Pharmaceutical & Medical Device, and Global Product Liability. Honored among The Best Lawyers in America and with the Outstanding Service Award to the Kansas Bar, Matt is a consistent contributor to legal journals and a frequent presenter at professional conferences. A monthly columnist since 2005 for the Kansas Bar Journal, Keenan is also an award-winning columnist for The Kansas City Star. He is married to Lori Hickman Keenan and they have four children.