Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri June 5, 2009
Byron Cohen Presents Works from China Through the Eyes of a Child
Sales of Chinese-made clothes, electronics and toys have fallen off a cliff in the last couple of years. But the global recession has only cooled the red-hot Chinese art market. Last year, 11 of the world's top 20 best-selling artists were Chinese.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – And dozens of galleries, dealing primarily in contemporary Chinese art, opened in Bejing and Shanghai over the last decade. A dealer in Kansas City figured this out. Byron Cohen added more contemporary Chinese artists to his roster in recent years, and he's doing just fine.
Deng Wushu : Works from China
USA Premier Solo Exhibition
Byron C. Cohen Gallery for Contemporary Art
May 15 - September 25, 2009.
Note: A special closing reception with the artist takes place First Friday, September 4th, 7 - 9 pm.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast