Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Fri August 17, 2012
Bye, Mom. Bye, Dad. The Kids Go To College
After 18 years of nurturing, many parents are taking their kids to college for the first time.
The days leading up to the big move of independence can be exciting for some, and sad for others. We're not talking about the kids themselves: we're talking about parents.
In the second half of Friday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske welcomes Heather McMichael, who authored an article that appeared in The Kansas City Star about her sending her oldest son off to college. We also talk with Cami Savage, a real estate agent and a former city councilwoman about her story of sending her kids off to school.
We want to hear your stories, too. Call 816 235 2888 and share them with us!