Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu June 12, 2008
Businesses Hiring Ex-Offenders
By Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO – More than half a million people will be released from prison this year. The job prospects for those offenders are pretty dim. Since 9/11, many companies now run security checks on every hire, and even small businesses can use the internet to dig up a candidate's past. But there's one group of business owners that are often willing to give an ex-offender a second chance. KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross reports.
Click here for the stories of other ex-offenders, and the businesses that employ them.