Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu October 28, 2010
Brownback vs. The Affordable Care Act
By Bryan Thompson
Salina, KS – The Affordable Care Act the new law that overhauls the way health insurance is provided in the U.S. has surfaced as an issue in the Kansas gubernatorial race.
Republican nominee Sam Brownback has assailed the plan as outrageously expensive, and burdensome to average Kansans. But a prominent health care economist says the reasoning and documentation Brownback uses to attack the Act doesn't come close to adding up.
Kansas Public Radio Health Reporter Bryan Thompson checks the facts.