Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed August 29, 2012
BREAD KC! Kneading Needs
On this Wednesday's Central Standard, how a group of Kansas City artists are putting an end to that whole starving artist thing.
Joining us is Andrew Erdrich, Sean Starowitz and Erin Olm-Shipman for BREAD KC!, a group that raises the unleavened bread of artists through microgrants from community dinners. We'll hear how the easiest grant process ever has helped launch innovative new works in our community.
Join BREAD! for a BATTLE OF THE BANDS hosted at the recordBar! If you are in a band, are a musician, or know anyone in the field that is seeking funds, please spread the word. They're looking to fund tours, recordings, special events, pressings, and more. Applications due September 3rd, and the event will be taking place September 8th at 5 p.m. DON’T FORGET TO RSVP: email@example.com
Food & Drink