The Book Doctors give their ideas and advice on finding a gift for the bibliophile on your list this holiday season. They also share what's on their reading lists, and discuss the latest literary news.
Kansas City, MO – The Book Doctors appear on The Walt Bodine Show every month.
Mark Luce's Recommendations
- Spunk & Bite: A Writer's Guide to Punchier, More Engaging Language & Style, by Arthur Plotnik
- Netherland, by Joseph O'Neill
- Lazarus Project, by Aleksander Hemon
Kaite Stover's Recommendations
- The Lizard King, by Bryan Christy
- America Eats!, By Pat Willard
- Maritime Adventures, by Patrick O'Brien
- Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself, by Alan Alda
- Hero With a Thousand Faces, by Joseph Campbell
- Over the Edge of the World, by Laurence Bergreen
- State by State: A Panoramic Portrait of? America, by Matt Weiland and
- Alfred Hitchcock: Master of Suspense: A Pop-up Book, by Kees Moerbeek
- The Nature of Kansas Lands, by Edward Robison, Elizabeth Schultz andBeverley Worster