Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri June 6, 2008
Book Critic Mixes Poetry and Music
You may know John Mark Eberhart from The Kansas City Star, where he's the Book Editor, or as one of the Book Doctors on The Walt Bodine Show. What you may not know is that Eberhart is also a poet.
By Jeni McCarty and Dennis Conrow, New Letters on the Air
Kansas City, MO – John Mark Eberhart's new book, Broken Time, deals in part with blues and jazz musicians, and it's led him to a whole new relationship with his brother, Ken Eberhart, who plays the marimba. Here's a recording made by New Letters on the Air at the Writers Place.
The Eberhart brothers, poet John Mark and musician Ken will be performing Friday, June 6 at the Neon Gallery, 1921 Truman Road, at 7:00, among an exhibit of photographs by Andrea Brookhart, sculptures by Tom Cobian, and paintings by Jose Faus. Sponsored by the Writers Place. For more information, 816-753-1090.
To listen on your own schedule, subscribe to the New Letters on the Air Podcast.