Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Cops & Crime
Wed December 4, 2013
Bomb Hoax Shuts Down City Hall, Airport Hearing
A public hearing on future terminal plans at KCI Airport was among the city business interrupted Tuesday by a bomb threat that shut down City Hall for more than five hours.
Only four members of the public had a chance to speak to the Airport Terminal Advisory Group when a telephone bomb threat prompted the evacuation of the building.
Early on police found and subsequently destroyed a suspicious but harmless package outside City Hall. But business didn't resume until after 2 p.m.
Police used dogs and their robotic devices to search all 29 floors of City Hall, but no bomb was found.
The evacuation of the 600 people in the building went smoothly.
The FBI will be investigating who may have made the bomb-threat call.