Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Cops & Crime
Mon May 14, 2012
Body Found In Overland Park Creek After 6-Day Search
The body of a man has been found this afternoon in Indian Creek in Overland Park, Kan.
The scene, near 109th and El Monte Street, is not far from where 36-year-old Jeffrey M. Bridge had gone to look at flood waters in the creek on May 6th.
Torn sweatpants believed worn by Bridge were found in a tree along the creek last week.
Scores of rescue, then recovery team members have spent every weekday searching the creek since Bridge’s disappearance.
Waters of the creek gradually subsided making the search easier. The remains were found this afternoon about 2:30.
Police say a medical examiner is being asked to identify the body as well as decide cause and manner of death.