Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri August 30, 2013
Blunt Says U.S. Late To Help Syria
U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says the United States already missed the point to have a real impact in Syria at the early stages of that country's conflict.
Speaking at a gas station in Cape Girardeau, the Republican Senator said a no-fly zone early on could have allowed the rebellion to remove Bashar Al-Assad. Now, he says President Obama's decision to send a message to Syria because of chemical weapons attacks is, quote "pretty offensive."
"We've decided what's the proper way to allow the Assad regime to kill tens of thousands of people, but we're not going to allow you to kill a thousand people with chemical weapons,” says Blunt. “I'm not for killing these people with chemical people or otherwise, but this is a repressive regime that the President's policies have failed to do anything to discourage."
Blunt continued to say that what happened in Syria deserves more than a hand slap.