Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri August 14, 2009
"Big River" Provides Musical Jolt
Long before pop artists started writing musicals, country cross-over artist Roger Miller shifted from chart-toppers like "Dang Me" to the Broadway stage with "Big River," the 1985 adaptation of Mark Twain's "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn."
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, MO – Regional interest aside, Musical Theater Heritage has selected the show as part of its salute to a century of musical theater and promises that audiences who think they know the story - and how musicals should look - are in for a jolt. KCUR's Steve Walker reports.