Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- St. Joseph School District Braces For Fallout In Wake Of Federal Investigation
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- Meet The People Waiting In Line For The IKEA Opening
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
Up to Date
Mon August 26, 2013
Behind The Mystique Of Charles Manson
One of the most notorious criminals in American history, Charles Manson and members of his mostly female commune killed nine people, including pregnant actress Sharon Tate.
In the first half of Tuesday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske welcomes author Jeff Guinn to talk about his new book, Manson, which tells the definitive story of how this ordinary delinquent became a murderer. By placing Manson in the context of his times - the turbulent end of the Sixties, Guinn helps us understand what obsessed Manson and, most terrifying of all, how he managed to persuade others to kill.
HEAR MORE: Jeff Guinn speaks about his book, Manson, this evening at 7 at Unity Temple on the Plaza. Call Rainy Day Books in Fairway for more information and for tickets.
- Jeff Guinn is the bestselling author of several books of fiction and nonfiction, including The Last Gunfight and Go Down Together, which was a finalist for an Edgar Award in 2010. Formerly an award-winning investigative journalist and now a frequent guest on national radio and TV programs, he lives in Fort Worth, Texas.