Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Thu May 26, 2005
Avenue of the Arts 2005
The Sixth Annual Avenue of the Arts kicked off earlier this month along Central Street from 9th to 14th Streets.
By Eric Mater
Kansas City, Missouri – The Sixth Annual Avenue of the Arts kicked off earlier this month at six sites along Central Street from 9th to 14th Streets. One featured artist just missed getting Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to slam dunk on his project?a hybrid sculpture with basketball goals, a mop bucket and a pigeon?s nest. Another exhibit is Eric Robertson's Auto-node, a 1987 Cadillac with a movie set in the backseat and a sprinkler hood ornament. With more on the new public installations, Eric Mater (Mah-tuhr, rhymes with WATER) reports.
This year?s Avenue of the Arts projects: Oz McGuire?s PR Memorial (That Lynch Movie), C.A.R.L./Eric Robertson?s Auto-node, DeAnna Skedel?s QuemQuaertis (whom you seek), Michael Schonhoff?s Cart of the Nephilim, Beniah Leuschke?s No witness, a fool a nasal aria?s time emits air alas an aloof assent; I won, and Matt Wycoff?s Municipal Auditorium quote/Downtown Development.