Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri February 3, 2012
Artists In Their Own Words: "One Of The Most Glorious Organs"
A pipe organ is custom-designed and created for a place. When the Casavant Frères organ at the spiral-shaped Community of Christ temple in Independence was first played nearly two decades ago, one critic called it "one of the most glorious organs in North America."
For a series called Artists in Their Own Words, KCUR's Laura Spencer talked to Community of Christ organist Jan Kraybill about the complexities and joys of the instrument.
"Second Acts": Super Bowl Sunday Recital XIII, Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 3 pm. Community of Christ Temple, 200 S. River, Independence, Mo. Organist Jan Kraybill presents a "musical celebration of life's 'second acts'" with a program including J.S. Bach, Franz Liszt, Jehan Alain, Joseph Bonnet, and more.
The “Artists in Their Own Words” series is supported by the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency.