Most Active Stories
- WATCH: Two Time-Lapse Videos That May Make Kansas City Lovers Cry
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurant Ambiance In Kansas City
- St. Joseph School Board Fires Another Administrator, Demotes HR Director
- Two Kansas City Metro Schools Moving To Year-Round Calendar
- St. Joseph School Board Ousts Superintendent
Fri February 3, 2012
Artists In Their Own Words: "One Of The Most Glorious Organs"
A pipe organ is custom-designed and created for a place. When the Casavant Frères organ at the spiral-shaped Community of Christ temple in Independence was first played nearly two decades ago, one critic called it "one of the most glorious organs in North America."
For a series called Artists in Their Own Words, KCUR's Laura Spencer talked to Community of Christ organist Jan Kraybill about the complexities and joys of the instrument.
"Second Acts": Super Bowl Sunday Recital XIII, Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 3 pm. Community of Christ Temple, 200 S. River, Independence, Mo. Organist Jan Kraybill presents a "musical celebration of life's 'second acts'" with a program including J.S. Bach, Franz Liszt, Jehan Alain, Joseph Bonnet, and more.
The “Artists in Their Own Words” series is supported by the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency.