Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Mon May 1, 2006
Artist Wilbur Niewald Wins Guggenheim
Artist Wilbur Niewald, professor emeritus of painting at the Kansas City Art Institute, began his year-long Guggenheim Fellowship on May 1.
Kansas City, Mo – The Guggenheim Fellowship is considered one of the most prestigious for artists, and for the next three months, Niewald will be based in Santa Fe, painting a much different landscape from his well-known scenic views of Kansas City. KCUR's Laura Spencer talked to Niewald last month as he worked on an etching at a favorite spot in Loose Park.