Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Sun November 11, 2012
Area Nerds Unite: Nerd Nite KC Features Cryptozoology
For the past couple months we’ve been bringing you clips of presentations from Nerd Nites, which happen in Kansas City, Lawrence and all around the world.
Past featured talks include how to raise silkworms and the character trope of vampire boyfriends as it’s evolved in popular culture.
Nerd Nite KC is hosted at Mini Bar on Broadway Boulevard every month. This presentation is from John January, the Executive Creative Director at Sullivan Higdon and Sink, an integrated marketing firm in KC. His nerdy topic: "Beloved Monsters: A crypto zoological view of the world." John believes that the creative mind is filled with monsters, and to keep them at bay he seeks the truth about the monsters that maybe – just maybe – surround us in the physical world.
Click Listen to hear the full talk.