Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue November 12, 2013
American-US Airways Merger Clears Last Major Hurdle
Originally published on Wed December 3, 2014 8:15 am
The Justice Department has reached a preliminary agreement with U.S. Airways and American Airlines, allowing the two to merge, creating the world’s largest airline.
The settlement requires the airlines to sell slots, gates and ground facilities at major airports around the country.
The Wall Street Journal’s Jason Bellini joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson with details.