Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Business & Tech
Tue May 22, 2012
AMC Acquired By Chinese Wanda Group
Dailan Wanda Group, a private conglomerate whose holdings include commercial real estate, luxury hotels, department stores and cultural businesses owns 86 theaters in China. The Wanda Group plans to invest up to $500 million in AMC.
In the first portion of Monday's Up to Date, guest host Brian Ellison talks with Kansas City Star development reporter Kevin Collison about the purchase, what it means for the future of AMC, and if the company still plans to move to Leawood, KS.