Alternative newspapers offer a unique perspective on the news, events and culture of a city. But how are they handling an era where print media struggles? Today, we look at the role alt-weeklies/monthlies play both here in Kansas City and across the nation.
Then, we learn how small adjustments to neighborhood parks in Wyandotte have made a big impact on the community surrounding it.
- Scott Wilson, former editor, The Pitch
- Philip Eil, freelance journalist, author of An Elegy for Alt-Weeklies
- Stephanie Carey, owner, The Pitch
- Rachel Jefferson, executive director, Historic Northeast-Midtown Association
- Matt Kleinmann, doctoral student, University of Kansas - School of Architecture & Design