Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue July 19, 2005
Ailey Camper: Memory Brown Audio Diary 2
The some 200 Kansas City young people selected to be part of this year's AileyCamp are more than halfway through the intensive 6-week program.
By Laura Ziegler
Kansas City, MO – The some 200 Kansas City young people selected to be part of this year's AileyCamp are more than halfway through the intensive 6-week program. The camp is sponsored by the Kansas City Friends of Alvin Ailey with the hope of giving students a well-rounded, holistic dance experience. It's the kind of training Alvin Ailey believed in.
One Ailey Camper - her name is Memory Brown - is helping us understand that experience through her eyes this summer.
Here is the second of her audio diaries.
NOTE: The final performance by students of Ailey Camp is free and open to the public at the Lyric Theatre on Tuesday night, August 2. Our piece was produced by Laura Ziegler.