Most Active Stories
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- The Story Behind The 'Royal' Newspaper Every Kansas Citian Will Save
- For Kansas City Veteran And Singer, 'God Bless America' Stirs Up Pride In City, Country
- Rethinking How To Assess Public Transit Needs
Central Standard Friday
Fri July 5, 2013
The '93 Flood: Twenty Years Later
The Great Flood of 1993 absolutely battered the Midwest between April and October, with the peak occurring in July here in Kansas City. Over 50 people lost their lives in incidence connected to the flooding over the summer of 1993.
Host Monrone Dodd talks with KCUR reporter Laura Ziegler, John Grothaus, Chief of Planning and Formulation for the Army Corps of Engineers; and Kenneth Kieser, author of Missouri's Great Flood of '93.
Harvest Public Media