Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Tue August 6, 2013
90-Mile View: Carole Brown
Many of us ask ourselves at some point: "What am I doing and why am I doing it?" For one woman the question looms larger with her choice to pursue a lifestyle that embraces isolation and eschews the modern.
We first met musician Carole Brown in January as she talked with Steve Kraske of her decision to split her time between her parents' Prairie Village home and an isolated cabin in the Flint Hills of Kansas. On Wednesday's Up to Date she rejoins Steve before heading back out onto the prairie. As Brown becomes more and more committed to living without electricity and a modern means of transportation, she struggles with how to accomplish that. They also discuss the conflicting emotions Carole grapples with as her parents age and the allure of life on the prairie continues to pull at her.
Up to Date
Up To Date