Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Wed February 27, 2013
2012 PRNDI Entry for KCUR's "Up to Date"
Imagine growing up in a pretty standard nuclear family. Then when you’re 15, your dad announces that he’s gay and that he and your mom are getting a divorce.
Thursday on Up to Date, guest host Brian Ellison welcomes Erin Margolin and Erin’s father, Larry Best, to discuss their family’s story and how she’s developed a community, The Gay Dad Project, to offer support.
We'll also talk with Gay Dad Project co-founder Amie Shea about her family's story, and how she, Erin, and Jared Karol found each other and decided to develop the network.