Mon July 1, 2013
11 Places To Watch Fireworks In The Kansas City Area
From its inception, Americans have celebrated the Fourth of July with grand fireworks displays.
John Adams envisioned fireworks as part of the festivities before the Declaration of Independence was even signed, and the first commemorative Fourth of July featured a display that began and ended with 13 rockets.
So, to make it easier for you the celebrate the fourth like your founding fathers wanted you to, we made this handy list of firework displays in the Kansas City area on July 4:
- Fourth of July Celebration at Ft. Leavenworth - Merritt Lake, Fort Leavenworth, Kan. Featuring food, drink and kids activities. FRISK classic rock band performs at 7 p.m., a salute to the Union at 8:30 p.m. followed by a fireworks display.
- Platte City Fireworks at High Schools Stadium - Platte City, Mo. Free community event. Fireworks start at approximately 9:30 p.m.
- Spirit of America Celebration - Raymore, Mo. Featuring a classic car show at 4 p.m., kids games from 7-9 p.m., live music from 7-9:30 p.m. and a fireworks display beginning at 9:30 p.m.
- Celebrate America at Worlds of Fun - Kansas City, Mo. Fireworks at 10 p.m.
- Star Spangled Spectacular at Corporate Woods - Overland Park, Kan. Kids activities, free parking, food and drink. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Olathe Fireworks at the Great Mall - Olathe, Kan. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Peve Stadium Fireworks - Blue Springs, Mo. Food and drink, country music show at 7 p.m., fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Sparks in the Park - Longview Lake Shelter #13, Kansas City, Mo. Kids activities, live music. Gates open at 6 p.m., fireworks at dusk.
- Celebration Park Fireworks - Gardner, Kan. Inflatables, DJ and fireworks at sundown.
- KC Riverfest - Berkley Riverfront Park, Kansas City, Mo. Kids activities, food and drink, live music. Fireworks at dusk. Cost: $5.
- Oak Grove Park Independence Day Celebration - Gladstone, Mo. Live music by Northstar Community Band and fireworks at dusk.