Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- St. Joseph School District Braces For Fallout In Wake Of Federal Investigation
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- Meet The People Waiting In Line For The IKEA Opening
Steve Kraske is an associate teaching professor of journalism at UMKC, a political columnist for The Kansas City Star and has hosted "Up to Date" since 2002. He worked as the full-time political correspondent for The Star from 1994-2013 covering national, state and local campaigns. He also has covered the statehouses in Topeka and Jefferson City.
Before arriving in Kansas City, he worked at daily newspapers in Iowa and Illinois and at United Press International in Madison, Wis. Kraske is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison where he received a bachelor's degree in journalism. He was a 1992 John S. Knight Journalism Fellow at Stanford University.
Kraske has won awards for both his print and radio work and has appeared on NPR, CNN and Fox. He's a big fan of "Prairie Home Companion" and Kansas City jazz. His father lives in Stillwater, Minn., not far from the St. Croix River.