Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
You might notice something a little bit different about Central Standard this week. We re-launched the show Tuesday with a new sound and a new format.
Going forward, Gina Kaufmann will host the show five days a week, and there will be more produced feature elements. The talk show format will be enriched by excursions outside the studio, taking listeners all over Kansas City – and even a little bit beyond. Together, we’ll get to know the fascinating people and under-explored places that make our area unique. We’ll also highlight the local relevance of national conversations, shining a spotlights on art and ideas.
The Central Standard team (including producers Sylvia Maria Gross and Matthew Long-Middleton) aims to keep the 10 o’clock hour authentic and inspired.
LISTEN ANYTIME ANYWHERE: Podcast
Monday: Labor Day Special
Tuesday: Changing Trends In Teaching Empathy / Having "The Talk" About Race
- Dr. Susan Wilson, Vice Chancellor of Diversity and Inclusion, UMKC
- Kirk P. Perucca, President, Project Equality
- Precious Porres, Associate Director of Diversity Education, KU's Office of Multicultural Affairs
Wednesday: Cuddles For Sale In Kansas City
- Anne Graham, Professional Kansas City Cuddler
- Jason O'Brien, film director, Cuddle
Thursday: The Mysterious Link Between Music And Memory / Photographer Paul Andrews And The Portrait-A-Day Challenge
- Matthew Schulkind, Professor of Psychology, Amherst College
- Meish Goldish, children's book author
- Paul Andrews, photographer, paulandrewsphotography.com
Friday: Yolanda Commack, AKA Lonnie Bush, Pumps Up Raytown With A Workout And A Wrench
- Lonnie Bush, owner and personal trainer, Lonnie Bush Fitness
Monday: Encore: Does Our City Bring Strangers Together, Or Keep Them Apart?
Tuesday: Encore: The Shuttlecocks 20 Years Later: From Controversy To Icon
Thursday: Encore: Kick It Like A Habit: Giving Up Old Behaviors And Developing New Ones