KCUR 89.3 seeks a creative, digital-savvy individual who can work across all departments in our growing, dynamic media organization. The Audience Development Producer will be responsible for growing and engaging audience around varied content and revenue initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a great writer with a strong background in marketing and experience in content creation; have experience in audience-driven strategies for promotion, production, delivery and analysis across media platforms; and be innovative and willing to experiment.
KCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an editorially-independent community service of the University of Missouri-Kansas City. See www.kcur.org/jobs for information about KCUR and Kansas City.
- Grow, engage and diversify KCUR audience on all platforms.
- Assist in creation of all marketing materials, including copy development, direction, design, production and distribution of materials (print and digital).
- Collaborate in creation of creative digital assets optimized for social media platforms.
- Design and execute revenue campaigns for digital platforms.
- Collaborate with NPR and other national partners to move untapped digital audiences towards membership.
- Track KPIs across digital, events and broadcast using analytics platforms, surveys and other available data.
- Curate, create and edit email communications. Oversee sophisticated email collection and organization strategy.
- Assist in the development and execution of events and in-person engagement opportunities.
- Produce digital storytelling in various media including audio, video and other visual medium.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications or a related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
- One year of experience in a related position.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm about the use and potential of social media, email, apps and other digital platforms.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Enthusiasm for the role of public media in a changing journalism environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work collaboratively with diverse personalities.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule.
- Working knowledge of Adobe programs, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and Audition.
- Experience in:
o Shooting and editing video.
o Recording and editing audio content.
o Creating and executing marketing campaigns.
o Managing branded social media accounts.
- Experience with content management systems and email marketing software.
- Ability to engage community members through campaigns and conversation, both broadly and within specific communities.
This position reports to KCUR’s Director of Marketing.
This position is non-exempt. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
HOW TO APPLY
Review of applications will begin on Monday, December 4, 2017. Position will be open until filled.
Apply online: www.umkc.edu/jobs. Applicants must combine all materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you experience technical problems, please call 855-524-0002.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UMKC is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Affirmative Action at 816-235-1323.