Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri May 12, 2006
Young Artists Perform with the Kansas City Symphony
Each year, the Kansas City Symphony holds a Young Artist Competition, a concerto competition that's open to seventh to twelfth grade instrumentalists in the metropolitan area.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Each year, the Kansas City Symphony holds a concerto competition that's open to seventh to twelfth grade instrumentalists in the metropolitan area. Three winners were selected for this year's Young Artist Competition and each received cash awards. But, the ones who placed first and second were also given the opportunity to play with the orchestra. KCUR's Laura Spencer visited with the young musicians at a rehearsal on Friday.
Stars of the Future
Sun, 5/14/2006 2:00 PM