Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon May 12, 2008
Working With the Dalai Lama
By Susan B. Wilson
Kansas City, MO – Since the March 14 riots in Lhasa, Tibet's capital, a government lockdown has been in effect. The Chinese government blames the Dalai Lama for the continued unrest in Tibet. Yet exiled Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama - says he's appealing to fellow Tibetans to stop the violence, and has called for dialogue and negotiation. This week, the Chinese government has been holding talks with the Dalai Lama's representatives. They're focused on bringing calm and stability to Tibet.
Now here in Kansas City, Champa Lhunpo is a Buddhist monk who worked closely with the Dalai Lama. A KU lecturer in East Asian Studies, he shares his experiences and reactions with us.