Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon May 12, 2008
Working With the Dalai Lama
By Susan B. Wilson
Kansas City, MO – Since the March 14 riots in Lhasa, Tibet's capital, a government lockdown has been in effect. The Chinese government blames the Dalai Lama for the continued unrest in Tibet. Yet exiled Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama - says he's appealing to fellow Tibetans to stop the violence, and has called for dialogue and negotiation. This week, the Chinese government has been holding talks with the Dalai Lama's representatives. They're focused on bringing calm and stability to Tibet.
Now here in Kansas City, Champa Lhunpo is a Buddhist monk who worked closely with the Dalai Lama. A KU lecturer in East Asian Studies, he shares his experiences and reactions with us.