Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up To Date
Thu May 9, 2013
William Whitener: Taking A Final KC Bow
William Whitener became Artistic Director of the Kansas City Ballet in 1996. After having staged, taught, acquired, commissioned or created 85 works for the organization and seeing it move into its new rehearsal and performance spaces, Whitener now prepares to leave the Ballet and embark on yet another chapter in his remarkable career.
On Friday's broadcast of Up to Date, Steve Kraske welcomes William Whitener for a conversation about his time with the Ballet and what it will be ready to do under his as yet unnamed successor. Plus, they talk about what Whitener has referred to as his "third act" as he heads back to the site of much of his early training and work, New York City.
Whitener also answered five questions in a web exclusive interview.