Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Tue January 28, 2014
William S. Burroughs: A Man Of Many Vices
Who was William S. Burroughs? Some remember him as a controversial Beat writer; others remember his illicit drug habits and the murder of his second wife.
On Tuesday's Central Standard, we talk about the life of the infamous man from St. Louis, Mo. who traveled around the world and later settled in Lawrence, Kan.
- Barry Miles, author of Call Me Burroughs: A Life
Barry Miles speaks at 7 p.m., January 31, at Rainy Day Books. For ticket information, contact Rainy Day Books.
Miles also joins Ira Silverberg and James Grauerholz in conversation at 2 p.m., February 1, at the Lawrence Arts Center. For tickets and more information, check the Lawrence Arts Center website.