Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue January 28, 2014
William S. Burroughs: A Man Of Many Vices
Who was William S. Burroughs? Some remember him as a controversial Beat writer; others remember his illicit drug habits and the murder of his second wife.
On Tuesday's Central Standard, we talk about the life of the infamous man from St. Louis, Mo. who traveled around the world and later settled in Lawrence, Kan.
- Barry Miles, author of Call Me Burroughs: A Life
Barry Miles speaks at 7 p.m., January 31, at Rainy Day Books. For ticket information, contact Rainy Day Books.
Miles also joins Ira Silverberg and James Grauerholz in conversation at 2 p.m., February 1, at the Lawrence Arts Center. For tickets and more information, check the Lawrence Arts Center website.