Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue December 2, 2008
Where's The Money, Honey?
Kansas City, MO – In the wake of the current financial crisis, KCUR's Gina Kaufmann set out to understand how money is supposed to work. After a visit to the Money Museum at the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank, and an interview with an anthropologist, she came to some truly frightening conclusions.
Gina Kaufmann spoke with Bill Maurer, professor of anthropology at the University of California-Irvine. Gina is normally heard on The Walt Bodine Show. She's also working on a collection of essays about the idea of nothing, as it is bought and sold in the marketplace.