Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue December 2, 2008
Where's The Money, Honey?
Kansas City, MO – In the wake of the current financial crisis, KCUR's Gina Kaufmann set out to understand how money is supposed to work. After a visit to the Money Museum at the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank, and an interview with an anthropologist, she came to some truly frightening conclusions.
Gina Kaufmann spoke with Bill Maurer, professor of anthropology at the University of California-Irvine. Gina is normally heard on The Walt Bodine Show. She's also working on a collection of essays about the idea of nothing, as it is bought and sold in the marketplace.