Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu February 18, 2010
Where The Living Is Awful, The Flying Is Great
Kansas City, Mo. – Kansas City got one high five and one gutter rating today. Forbes magazine rates it 13th among the 20 worst cities to live. But the airport is wonderful.
Forbes cites high crime and taxes, but says terrible sports teams really drag down the city. Now, the airport is a different story. It is rated best in the country among medium size cities.
J.D. Power and Associates Vice President Stuart Greif reviewed the findings and said airport operators can brag on this study-- "they had the highest score in airport accessibility, they had the highest score in checkin, bag check, and the highest score in security check."
Only room for improvement is in food availability and variety. This highest rating is for an airport being considered for vast configuration changes when it is rebuilt.