Most Active Stories
- World Series Is Like A 'Three Hour Commercial' For Kansas City
- Voter Guide To Missouri Amendment 3 On Teacher Tenure
- Voter Guide To Missouri Amendment 10 On Gubernatorial Power
- World Series National Anthem Update: Game 6, Kansas City Symphony; Game 7, Joyce DiDonato
- Former U.S. Poet Laureate Writes A Poem For The Kansas City Royals
Up To Date
Tue December 31, 2013
What's In Store For 2014?
Happy New Year! Or is it? What will it take for the Kansas City metro area to have a joyful 2014?
On Thursday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske asks members of KCPT's Ruckus to gaze into their crystal ball for the answers. From how well local leaders are doing, to the prospects for landing the GOP National Convention, to whether the Chiefs can go all the way, we examine how people, issues and events are shaping up for the year ahead.
We look to hear from you as well. As you're thinking about your own resolutions for 2014, what would you like to see happen in Kansas City in the New Year? Do you have any predictions or requests for the KC metro area?
- Mike Shanin has been the host of "Ruckus," since the program's debut in 1995. In recent years, he has taken on the additional role of Managing Editor.
- Yael T. Abouhalkah is an editorial writer for The Kansas City Star. Abouhalkah worked as a reporter at The Milwaukee Journal, then returned in late 1979 to the Kansas City area to serve as an editor on the Mid-America desk of The Kansas City Times.
- Mary O’Halloran is a media and communications consultant. She served three terms in the Iowa House of Representatives and was appointed by President Obama to head the Department of Energy Midwest Region.