Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Up to Date
Thu July 5, 2012
What's Showing In Art, Independent, Foreign and Documentary Film
If you’re not the least interested in baseball and this so-called “All-Star Game”, perhaps a great film might be more to your liking?
What better place to wait out the never-ending heat advisory than in a cool, dark theater? Or curled up on the couch in front of a blasting air conditioner?
With summer heat bearing down on KC, everyone could use a few good recommendations to away -- at least mentally -- for a little while. Friday on Up to Date, critics Cynthia Haines, Steve Walker, and Bob Butler review the latest art, independent, foreign, and documentary films showing on area screens, and recommend a few to watch on the big screen at home.
Safety Not Guaranteed
Your Sister's Sister
Seeking A Friend for the End of the World