Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Tue August 20, 2013
What Do We Know Of Jesus' Life?
How would you investigate what one itinerant, unemployed Jewish man's life was like 2,000 years ago? The record keeping wasn't so great, there's not even microfiche to consult. It turns out there is a historical evidence to suggest that parts of the biblical account of Jesus' life are highly speculative. Dr. Reza Aslan joins us to discuss what it is we can know and speculate about Jesus and the social, political and physical environment in which he lived.
- Dr. Reza Aslan: Holds several degrees include a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies (New Testament; minor in Greek) from Santa Clara University, a Master of Theological Studies (History of Religions) from Harvard University, a PhD in the Sociology of Religions from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and a Master of Fine Arts from the University of Iowa. He currently is Associate Professor of Creative Writing at the University of California, Riverside.
Up to Date