Most Active Stories
- Chinese Market Could Help Rid Rivers Of Invasive Asian Carp
- Food Critics: Kansas City's Best Lunch Spots
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
- Precariousness For Pollinators: Monarch Butterflies & Honeybees In Decline
Up To Date
Thu September 13, 2012
The Weekend To-Do List: September 14 - 16, 2012
Need something to do for the weekend of September 14-16? Fear not! Brian McTavish returns with the Weekend To-Do List for Kansas City.
Expo Americas: Celebration of Latin culture in the U.S. with music festival, entertainment and art, 11 a.m. to midnight Saturday, noon to 10 p.m. Sunday. Union Station, Pershing and Main streets. Tickets: $15 ($40 family four-pack), ages 5 and younger get in free.
Gotye: “Buzz Under the Stars” modern rock show also featuring Chairlift and Zammuto, 7:30 p.m. Friday
Crossroads KC, 417 E. 18th St. Tickets: $35
Con X KC: Horror, sci-fi and pop culture convention with celebrities, artists and authors. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Ramada Conference Center, 1601 Universal Ave. Tickets: $20 ($45 weekend pass); ages 12 and younger get in free.
KC Improv Festival: Improvisational comedy performers from Kansas City and around the country. 8 p.m. Thursday, Kick Comedy Theater, 410 Westport Road, 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Off Center Theatre, Crown Center, 2450 Grand Blvd. Tickets: $10
Paws in the Park Dog Walk Festival: Dog walk and other canine-friendly events and demonstrations 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, English Landing Park, Parkville. Admission: Free