Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Thu September 19, 2013
The Weekend To-Do List: Sept. 20-22, 2013
Looking to celebrate the arrival of some fall weather this weekend? Brian McTavish has a few suggestions for you.
Sail Rock 2013 (Soft rock classics by Christopher Cross, Gary Wright, Orleans and Firefall), 7:30 p.m. Friday at Starlight Theatre in Swope Park. Tickets: $15 to $100.
Carlos Mencia (Stand-up comedy), 8 p.m. Thursday, 7:45 and 9:45 p.m. Friday and Saturday Stanford’s Comedy Club, 1867 Village West Parkway at the Legends in Kansas City, Kan. Tickets: $15, $18
“The Rainmaker” (Stage drama about rainfall-promising con man and his impact on drought-stricken Kansas town), 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre, 3614 Main. Tickets: $25 to $30 ($20 student tickets available five minutes before curtain)
Plaza Art Fair (240 artists, 25 restaurants and three live music stages), 5 to 10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday Country Club Plaza, 47th and Broadway Admission: Free
Up to Date