Most Active Stories
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- The Story Behind The 'Royal' Newspaper Every Kansas Citian Will Save
- For Kansas City Veteran And Singer, 'God Bless America' Stirs Up Pride In City, Country
- Rethinking How To Assess Public Transit Needs
Up To Date
Thu June 26, 2014
The Weekend To-Do List: June 27-29
Make the final weekend in June your best one yet with Brian McTavish's Weekend To-Do List!
More than 350 makers show off their creations, from robots to quilts to arts and crafts.
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday & Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Union Station, 30 W. Pershing, Kansas City, Mo.
Admission: $12 adults, $9 youths and seniors
Smokey Joe's Cafe
Celebrity free summer musical
6 p.m. Thursday, Friday & Saturday; 11:45 p.m. Sunday
New Theatre Restaurant, 9229 Foster, Overland Park, Kan.
33rd Annual WaterFest
Featuring amateur karaoke competition ($5,000 grand prize)
2 to 9 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
Downtown Excelsior Springs, Mo.
Free State Festival
Celebration of ideas, film, music and art
9 p.m. Thursday film and concert by Grant Hart of Husker Du
Thursday through Sunday
Lawrence Arts Center, 940 New Hampshire, Lawrence, Kan.
Admission: Much is free ($10 ticket to Grant Hart)
Great Lenexa Barbecue Battle
185 competing barbecue teams with nightly music from the Nace Brothers
4:30 to 11 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park, Lenexa, Kan.
Admission: $5 on Friday, free on Saturday