Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Up to Date
Thu June 13, 2013
The Weekend To-Do List: June 14 -16, 2013
Looking for ways to stay cool in the heat the weekend of June 14-16, 2013? Brian McTavish has some ideas for you on the Weekend To-Do List.
Jazz in the Woods Festival (Variety of jazz), 6:30 p.m. Friday, 5:45 p.m. Saturday at Corporate Woods, 9401 Indian Creek Pkwy in Overland Park. Admission: Free
Dwight Yoakum (Honky-tonk country), 8 p.m. Sunday at the Voodoo Lounge at Harrah’s Casino in North Kansas City. Tickets: $40 to $75.
Hyde Park Children's Film Festival (Family friendly film The Lorax, Youth Rock Band and kid activities), 7:30 p.m. Friday (every Friday in June) at Hyde Park, 36th and Gillham. Admission: Free.
The Rocky Horror Show (40th anniversary production of campy sci-fi/horror stage musical), 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Off Center Theatre, Crown Center, 2450 Grand. Tickets: $15.
“Star Wars” Celebration (Family fun featuring costumes, crafts, games and photo opps with Imperial Storm Troopers), 6:30 p.m. Friday at Kansas City Public Library, Plaza Branch, 4801 Main St. Admission is free.
Up to Date