Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Up to Date
Thu February 21, 2013
The Weekend To-Do List: February 21-24, 2013
Looking for something to do this weekend (if you can shovel out your driveway)? Up To Date's Brian McTavish has you covered.
Shirley MacLaine (Oscar-winning actress shares Hollywood memories), 8 p.m. Saturday at Yardley Hall, Johnson County Community College. Tickets: $55 to $150
52nd Annual Western Farm Show, (Midwest’s premier farm show with 500 agricultural exhibitors and championship tractor pull), 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the American Royal Complex, 1701 American Royal Court (next to Kemper Arena). Admission: $8; ages 12 and younger free
Myra Taylor Birthday Jam (Jam session hosted by Levee Town in honor of late Kansas City jazz queen Myra Taylor), 2 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Knuckleheads Saloon, 2715 Rochester. Admission: Free
Kansas City Puppet Slam (Adults only puppet comedy show), 8 p.m. Friday at the Paul Mesner Puppet Studio, 1006 E. Linwood. Admission: $10
Kansas City Oscar Party 2013 (Watch the Academy Awards broadcast on the silver screen and compete for prizes), 6 p.m. Sunday at the Screenland Armour Theatre, 408 Armour, North Kansas City. Admission: Free (food and cash bar)