Most Active Stories
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- The Story Behind The 'Royal' Newspaper Every Kansas Citian Will Save
- For Kansas City Veteran And Singer, 'God Bless America' Stirs Up Pride In City, Country
- Rethinking How To Assess Public Transit Needs
Up to Date
Thu May 17, 2012
The Weekend To-Do List
Looking for something to do this weekend? Up to Date's Brian McTavish offers up a few options in his Weekend To-Do List for May 17-May 20, 2012.
The Rainmakers: 10 p.m. Saturday at Knuckleheads Saloon, 2715 Rochester St., Kansas City, Mo. Tickets: $15 in advance
Spectrum Fantastic Art Live: International art fair for creators of the fantastic. 3-7 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday (awards show 8-11 p.m.), 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday at the Bartle Hall Grand Ballroom, 301 W. 13th St., Kansas City, Mo. Admission: $20 per day/$40 for all three days
Street League Skateboarding: Competitive skateboarding on one-of-a-kind concrete skate plazas. 7 p.m. Friday, 7:15 p.m. Saturday at the Sprint Center, 1407 Grand Blvd., Kansas City, Mo. Tickets: $17 Friday; $27, $47 Saturday; $39, $59 two-day.
George Clinton and the P-Funk All Stars: 8 p.m. Friday at Crossroads KC at Grinders, 417 E. 18th St., Kansas City, Mo. Tickets: $28-$76.50
Bob James: Grammy Award-winning jazz pianist with Bobby Watson, Rod Fleeman, Tommy Ruskin and James Albright. 7 p.m. Sunday at Finnigan’s, 503 E. 18th Ave., North Kansas City, Mo. Tickets: $35, including dinner. 816-221-3466 for reservations