Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
Up to Date
Thu April 12, 2012
The Weekend To-Do List
Looking for something to do this weekend? Up to Date's Brian McTavish offers up a few options in his Weekend To-Do List for April 13-15, 2012.
Kansas City Royals vs. Cleveland Indians: Royals’ home-opening weekend. 3:10 p.m. Friday, 6:10 p.m. Saturday and 1:10 p.m. Sunday at Kauffman Stadium. Tickets: $10 to $245.
Leon Russell: Rock and Roll Hall of Famer. 8 p.m. Friday at Knuckleheads Saloon, 2719 Rochester, Kansas City, Mo. Tickets: $32.50 in advance ($40 at the door)
“Sweeney Todd”: Musical Theater Heritage presents classic Stephen Sondheim musical about “Demon Barber.” Opens at 7 p.m. Thursday, 8 p.m. Friday, 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Off Center Theatre at Crown Center, 2400 Grand, Kansas City, Mo. Tickets: $15 to $29
Kansas City Whiskey Tour: Tasting event features 50-plus North American Whiskeys and Bourbons. 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Kansas City Power & Light District. Admission: $40 (includes 12 tasting tokens and souvenir glass)
“The Nightcap with Arty Vulgaris” : Adult satire of classic late-night TV talk shows. 10 p.m. Friday at the Fishtank Theater, 1715 Wyandotte in the Crossroads. Tickets: $15