Most Active Stories
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurants Within 250 Miles Of Kansas City
- St. Joseph Public School Administrator Returns As Stipend Scandal Continues
- Going To Kansas City: Finding More Room To Think, Literally
- What Kansas City's Guilty Pleasures Cost On Both Sides Of The State Line
- Brownback Won't Allow Marriage Rights To Gay Couples In Kansas
Up to Date
Thu March 8, 2012
The Weekend To-Do List
Looking for something to do this weekend? Up to Date's Brian McTavish offers up a few options in his Weekend To-Do List for March 9-11, 2012.
Downtown Event-o-rama: Friday through Sunday: Big 12 Basketball Championship, Kansas City Auto Show, Radiohead, Ron White, Friends of Chamber Music presents Richard Goode, Lyric Opera presents “Nixon in China,” Trace Adkins, Darius Rucker, KC Rep presents “The Great Immensity,” Quality Hill Playhouse presents “Make Someone Happy: The Songs of Comden and Green” …and more!
Snake Saturday Parade & Festival: 11 a.m. Saturday; start at 18th and Swift, North Kansas City
Brookside St. Patrick Warm Up Parade: 2 p.m. Saturday; start at 65th and Wornall
Jim Jefferies: Stand-up comedy. 8 p.m. Thursday, 7:45 and 9:45 p.m. Saturday, 7:45 Sunday at Stanford’s Comedy Club at the Legends at Village West. Tickets: $12 to $45
Mannequin Men: Rock. 10 p.m. Friday at the Replay Lounge, 946 Massachusetts, Lawrence. Cover: $3
Pancakes for Penguins: Breakfast fundraiser to bring penguins to the Kansas City Zoo. 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the Kansas City Zoo, Swope Park, Kansas City, Mo. Admission: $13 ($8 for Friends of the Zoo members). Sold out. A few tickets available at the door on the day of the event.