Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
And make some purchases of equipment.
Mon August 23, 2010
Wee Small Hours: Reimagining Sinatra
Kansas City musicians Nathan Granner and Jeffrey Rukaman have a new take on the iconic 1955 Frank Sinatra album.
By Alex Smith
Kansas City, MO – Kansas City has seen its fair share of "tribute" bands in the past few years. Midtown bars have hosted sometimes nearly note-for-note renditions of music by Radiohead, U2 and Huey Lewis and the News, to name a few.
But a new project by opera singer Nathan Granner and composer Jeffery Rukaman challenges the very concept of the tribute band. Rather than recreate, they re-imagine the music of an unlikely Generation X music icon: Frank Sinatra. KCUR's Alex Smith has the story.